We have a beautiful new member of the family! And here is how she entered the earth......
I chose to be induced on Saturday March 9th (She was due Tues, March 12). I liked the idea of knowing when it was going to happen and having drugs ready and having Eric and my mom there. I am not fascinated with labor or any pain for that matter. My mom came up Friday and helped take the boys to their 15 month doctor appointment. They were troopers. The next day, Eric and I went into the hospital at 7am. I was in the room at 7:15am. I was put on pitocen around 8am. Not much happened right after that. A lot of waiting around and watching monitors. Then it started hurting. At 10:45 the doc checked in and I was dilated to a 4. I think he broke my water here. I was dying. With the boys they gave me my epidural right away so I literally NEVER felt a contraction. It was bliss. I used to say breaking my toe was the worst pain I had been in. Now I change it to contractions. The epidural man took too long but finally set me up a little after 11am. Only my right side was numb so he gave me some more goods and then even more and finally I was goooood. They had a little difficulty reading the contractions so they put in a IUPC (intrautering pressure catheter) to measure it better. At least I think that's what its for. I'm not the type to care what the nurses or doctors do me. Just get 'er done. I was ready and started pushing around 2:50pm. The nurses said push once and we will see. I pushed once and they said, "STOP! stop! Lets wait till the doc gets here". Apparently Tess was ready! So we waited a few minutes and he came running in. He said we had to hurry because he was the only doctor right now and another prego lady had passed out and was going into an emergency c-section. I told him I'd do my best. And a couple pushes later at 3pm Tessa came!
7 pounds 12 oz
19 3/4 inches
We actually picked the name Lilah and that is what we called her for a few hours. We told our families that name and my dad even announced at church (he's the bishop so he was at the pulpit anyways). Then all the nurses kept asking how to spell it and it sounded weird when people would say it. I do not want a name that she has to spell to everyone. So we chose the second name we were thinking of. Tessa. Someone did ask if it was 2 's's. Hmm.
Dawn is mine and my mom's middle names.
Sometimes I think I should have chosen Lilah and I come close to changing it. But then I hear Bruce and Roy say "TEHHH- TUH" in ethereal creepy voices and I realize that's what her name is supposed to be.
This labor was so different from the boys obviously. For the boys there were 2 doctors, 5 nurses and we were in the operating room. For Tess, it was just in the room I walked into, and just 1 doctor and 2 nurses and veerrry low key.
The hospital stay was 2 days shorter and SO. MUCH. BETTER. than with the boys. I actually slept a little this time. She was a good eater too so that part wasn't stressful. It was weird to actually walk afterwards. Every time I would see someone with a newborn I would get nervous for them that they would fall- they just gave birth! They can't walk! But then I remember that that was just me that one time. I walked out of the delivery room, Tess in hand. Good job this time Eric! (Last time he tore a nerve in my leg during delivery and my whole right leg was numb and useless for 2 weeksish. I couldn't walk and had to use a wheelchair or a person to get around).
So excited to go home and meet her big brothers!
Bruce came to pick up sister.
So tiny!
See that carseat? Her brothers had to get big kid ones so that Tess could have one. Oh the joys of 3 kids under 15 months.
She's perfect.
She's a doll.
We love her guts.
No comments:
Post a Comment