Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bruce and Roy Turn 2!


They are 2! Hooray! Terrible twos!
Please, these boys are so fun. They are so full of very different personalities.  I don't love every minute but I do at the same time.

We started off the day with going to the dollar store. They got candy, toys, art stuff, and BALLOONS!!!
Then we went to McDonald's because its too cold outside and got fries and apple juices and cookies. This day was all about whatever they wanted.



 They shared a cake because that's what you do when you share a birthday and your parents are busy packing up the house and taking care of you. These pictures, I love them:




 Opening some presents:

Nikes from gma and gpa Parham:

Soccer balls from M&D:

Farm playset from gma and gpa Christensen:


CARS shirts from Scott, Heidi and clan:

 M&D also got them a tow truck with cars. The night ended in tears and screaming because we only bought 1. We amazon'ed that thing and got another. A couple days later was pure joy. For us, for them.



I didn't shed a tear that day. But as I wrote this, days later it hit me. They are 2. My babies are 2.

Roy is such a joyful kid. He is super sneaky. He deliberately and constantly does things when you tell him not to. Especially when you tell him not to. He is still a monkey. He will get a chair, take it to the pantry and then climb the shelves from there to get treats from up high. He took a straw and poked holes all in his birthday cake because he couldn't reach it. And because I told him no. He is also my sweetheart. He needs kisses and affirmation all the time. Just like his dad.. If you barely touch him its 'owie!' He loves to run with his arms wide open into your arms and give you a hug that could keep you smiling for days. He steals from his brother all the time. He doesn't flinch anymore when you tell him no. He sleeps longer than his brother every. single. nap. He knows a lot of words. Probably double than Bruce but Roy doesn't blab. He does but only rarely. He likes cookies, candy, lion, cars, trucks, trains, parks, slides, swings, me, Tessa, and rarely Bruce. They used to sleep next to each other but Roy started getting into Bruce's bed and sitting on him. You would hear a whine (not a cry) and KNOW if you went in there, Roy would be sitting on Bruce. Roy likes to hug, tickle, and tackle Bruce.


Then there's Bruce. He is still such a good listener. If he reaches for something and you say no. He will pull away and cry but he won't defy you. That kid has amazing self control. He loves his elephant and giraffe. No way could he sleep without them. He can watch Thomas or Mighty Machines for about half the episode (which is twice as long as Roy). Youtube videos, he could watch hours on end. He is my tiny fireball. He loves to be silly and busts up laughing if you just look at him funny. Bruce can have lengthy conversations without stopping. He will basically speak a book and all you have to say is 'uh huh' 'No way!' 'He did what?' 'I agree' Sometimes I blab (but in English) back and it gets him going even more. He is so good at his alphabet chart. I should get that on video. He likes cookies, candy, cars, trucks, trains, parks, slides, me, Tessa, and rarely Roy.  Bruce likes his space. When Roy tries to tickle, tackle, or kiss him, he cries and sprints away. He is very fast too. He will not let me 'leave' Tessa behind. One time we were leaving the house and Tess was on the rug and I said 'say bye to Tessa' and started walking away and Bruce screamed and tried to pull her and was looking at me like 'are you crazy?!' Roy didn't bat an eye. Bruce is more conscious of things around him. If Roy can't reach a toy he just needs to scream 'Peeaase!? (please) and Bruce will get it for him.


My babies are 2. I went through all their pictures and I can't believe how small they were. I loathed their first month. Not them, just the whole breastfeeding, no sleep, new mom thing. 
 I look at these pictures and I can't believe how far we've come. I really mean it when I say this: I love my boys. 





No comments: