But we did!
Eric's sister was getting sealed to her husband and 2 children so we thought it was a worthy cause to go back to Utah for. Just before buying our flights, Eric's company asked him to recruit at BYU during the same week as the sealing, so that covered his flights to and from which was such a blessing. Because our ratio of children to adults is too great, we had to buy a ticket for Bruce even though he's still under 2 because of the number of face masks per row (one of the nuances of 3 under 2) blah blah. Traveling is serious chaos. Like bags upon bags upon accessories upon carseats x3 and everything else you can't think of because your brain is fried.
They were really good at the airport and on the plane. Eric and I may have dozed off on the plane...
We got in really late so they donned their pjs on the way to the rental VAN. yup, VAN.
We got together with my Junior year roomies and friends who are also Eric's friends (which is how we met) and our kids bonded. At Amanda's house there is a toy room full of trucks and cars the sizes of their bodies and I have never seen my children so happy in someone else's home besides grandma's. They screamed when we had to leave.
5 years after being roommates, here are all our childrens:
(Roy, Rowen, Tessa, Bruce, Roman, Sam - np: Matai)
(any day now DOM!)
Of course we hit up the local BYU game. The last time we went to a game I was pregnant with the boys and we rode Eric's scooter swerving between game traffic. Crap! I am missing Utah again!
The sealing was the most beautiful sealing I have ever witnessed in my life. Probs even more than my own. When they sealed their children to them I completely LOST IT. Do you understand what that means? This right here is an eternal family:
Grandma and Grandpa Morrish, John and Nancy, Katie, Max, Donna, Corey, Baby Jack, Eric, Me, Ivan, Heidi, Scott, Jordan, and Katie:
We attempted a grandchild photo:
Jack is somewhere in here:
Hanging out at Gmas and Gpas:
We went on a Sunday walk with my sisters (thanks Lace for making the trip and Chels for still living there!):
Kneaders (pronounced KAH-NEEDERS):
And then we were off back to the Double U A.
And then Eric was left alone to put them to bed while I was at book club:























No comments:
Post a Comment