Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Moving on


Life for the Christensen’s has changed much! The boys are just over 8 months now and keep us VERY busy. Every time I think about blogging, one of them wakes up and its playtime.
Can I just say I love being a mom? I feel so lucky to be able to stay home with them. Thanks Eric for working your butt off! They are the funniest boys and I love every minute of being a stay at home mom.  That being said, there is not a minute that goes by that I miss teaching. Oh how I miss it, my students, my co-teachers, my moms, my classes, my new Pinterest ideas....
But when I see these faces…I couldn’t think of anything better.
6 months:


Roy with a random eye rash and Bruce excited to join the wall of shame/fame:

For my 25th birthday, Eric made me 2 cakes! 2 ice cream cakes that is! Thanks Chels for helping me devour them!
 

We went on a 2 week church history tour in June which I will post about later. Much of their 6th month occurred with their Grandma and Grandpa Christensen. See here.  Seeing them after being apart 2 weeks was weird. I felt like I was taking them home from the hospital again- I had no clue how to take care of them (oh I quickly remembered). 

7 months:
     Roy eating his way out, and a typical Bruce:


                  At the St Paul Rodeo:
                  Eating elephant ears like mommy and daddy did while dating 5 years ago...

Participating in and watching their first 4th of July parades.

 Sometime in here Eric went to Dallas for 2 weeks so I went to Portland. It was like a mini-vacation for me. So many people grabbing the boys and giving me a break.  Have I mentioned yet twins are hard?


First time swimming=not too happy about it. My friend took much better pictures, if I could just figure out how to get them on here....(miss you Rachel) (a lot)


8 months:
 We moved to Bellevue Washington in this time.  We haven’t had much time to explore because we spend every minute that Eric is not at work, looking for houses.  I was so excited at first but it is getting OLD.
                                                             View from our apt:






 Bruce: When eating he only opens his mouth a little bit and slurps up the baby food like soup. He LOVES food.  All food.  It sounds like he is making out with his food.   In the Johnny Jumper he jumps by alternating feet- so he goes side to side. He has a particular cry when Roy is bugging him. I know when I hear this cry I will look over and find Roy jabbing his eyes or laying on top of him. He does the ‘da-da-da’ sound a lot. He got a helmet over 8 weeks ago for his misshapen head. I feel like he’s had it for an eternity.  When daddy’s not around I accidentally forget to keep it on…. Bruce is a very fast crawler. I will go into another room and come out and he is gone- usually in the bathroom banging something on the tub. He is always banging some object on something else to make noise. Or kicking something to make noise.  When you say his name and ‘chase’ him, he speeds up his crawling like he is running away. Bruce is my snuggler. When reading a book he reaches out and touches the pages. He is a very good listener.  His laugh is adorable and he gives them out for free.  He is so patient and giggles and head-butts the crib when you pick him up from a nap.

Roy: When he eats, he opens his mouth huge and chomps down on the spoon. He loves chocolate pudding.  And he loves to eat grass. In the Johnny Jumper he is wild. He will jump up and down for an entire minute (with mouth wide open) - and he gets quite a bit air. Roy always seems like he is on a mission. He can’t just lay there and “be”. He always has to be trying to get somewhere and grunting while he does it. Roy will NOT snuggle. When reading a book he always tries to ‘close’ the book or ‘turn the pages’. He was the one to crawl first and he has gotten his first tooth too. When Roy smiles, his whole face smiles, especially his eyes.  When you wipe his face off after eating, he will try to eat the baby wipe.  He loves being held and will crawl to you and pull himself up and beg you to hold him.  It’s creepy to walk into a room and find him standing up- he seems too small to be doing that. He likes to play with his mouth and make odd noises.  The thing Roy loves most is Bruce. The feeling is not mutual though. Roy could touch Bruce’s hair, pull on his helmet, and eat his feet all day.


They are both perfect babies. They are always smiling and laughing and are so fun to play with.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

thanks for updating!!! They are adorable as always.

Unknown said...

Ahhh... looking for a house. What a nightmare! Hope you guys are having more luck than we are! Miss you--and I love the boys with mohawks :)

Misty said...

It was fun to see your update and how big the boys are getting.