Sunday, July 17, 2011

Knocked up

When (Utah) people hear we’ve been married for 3 years their first question is how many kids do you have? I just tell them we wanted to make sure we married right. (Joke) We tried to get pregnant on our own for a while before we decided to get help. We didn’t try as long as so many people but we are definitely not the couple where “he just looks at me and I get pregnant!” To us it feels like we tried forever but compared to the people who try for years/decades it was not that long. We did everything possible but when I told the doctor my cycle schedule he told me that I actually sometimes go months without ovulating. I won’t go more into detail there. But he gave me Clomid and itgratefully worked the first round! I’m actually a Clomid baby too. I didn’t want to tell anybody we were pregnant for the longest time because I am paranoid. Miscarriage runs in the family and has happened to just about every woman you talk to. When we went in for our first ultrasound and we are staring at the screen the doctor says “well would you look at that” and Eric was like “I don’t get it” and I said “Is there 2???” We were in shock! Funny thing is we have always talked about how cool it would be to have twins but in the back of your head you say yeah right. ((A sidenote about nausea…. I had it pretty bad for a while until I told my doctor I kept losing my breakfast and dinner (lucky lunch). He then prescribed me two medications and it has been bliss ever since. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant-if it weren’t for the gut I started sporting at 10 weeks… I don’t get why women suffer through it when they don’t have to! The nurses said next time I get pregnant just call ahead when I find out and get the medicine early without feeling the “morning” sickness ever)). After finding out it was twins I googled way too much about all the things that could go wrong- it just seems too good to be true. Don’t do that. Now I’m nearly 18 weeks and I feel like I can finally breathe and celebrate! Don’t get me wrong we were always excited but I just finally feel more safe. The ultrasound pictures here were taken at 9 & 12 weeks and boy do they look different now!

I forgot to get a printout at my last 17 week appointment but now they look like real little babies with legs, toes, hands, heads, fingers, little noses, spines….you get it (its just so fun to add ‘S’s). Eric hasn’t been able to go to the last 2 appointments because he is in Dallas for his internship. I came back this week for a work conference and to get some much needed work done before school starts. Eric was on the phone at the last appointment and we asked about genders. He said it was a little too early to tell but we will know for sure in less than 3 weeks. But we won’t be in town still so we have to wait even longer! He did make educated guesses……. And we will keep that to ourselves until we are sure. One is breech and the other is head-down and one was easier to tell than the other but he said don’t buy anything yet. We are not too concerned with the genders we are just so glad they are growing strong! I love drugs. And my babies!

5 comments:

Shelly & Brandon said...

congrats!!! We are so happy for you two!! TWINS!! THAT IS SO CRAZY! Our babies can be buddies! Hope all is well

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

I can not believe you can add plural to everything now. I want to see you and your cute little twin belly. When you guys move back into town we need to have a dinner/game night and all the prego woman can get together and chat. I am so excited for you and that the clomid worked the first time, what a blessing!!!! Love you guys, hope you are doing well and can't wait to catch up!

Hillary and Eric said...

I love that you guys are having twins…and I LOVE that I kind of got to be apart of the appointment when you found out. I am so thrilled for you guys and cannot wait for November to come so we can finally see these babies! Actually, I can't wait until you find out what they are! Congrats again!

Brittany said...

oh my heck!!! I am just so happy for you girlio!!!

Whitmore Family said...

That is so exciting. I would love to have twins too. So fun!! How did the internship turn out?