Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Utah-Texas-Utah-Texas-Oregon-Texas-Florida-Texas-Utah

The summer of course flew by. We spent most all of it in Texas while Eric did his internship. He lived in a bachelor pad while I lived with my sister. We saw each other on the weekends and it sucked being apart. But 2 things made it semi-worth it:

And I guess 3 if you include the person that birthed them.

Me, Katie, and the childrens visited Oregon for a week. I had forgotten how gorgeous and perfect the weather was. It made me hate going back to Texas even more. We took the Stratton to the beach for his first “aware of it” time and Hadles for her first. Going home is always one of my favorite things. We rarely get to go but when we do we really get taken care of/spoiled.

While there in the perfect weather and hikes through the forest I decided that we couldn’t permanently live in Texas. While Eric tried to run at 10pm at night in over 100 degree weather, he decided we couldn’t do Texas. So Eric changed his request from Dallas to Seattle. He accepted the offer in Washington and we will be moving there once Eric is done with grad school and I am done teaching in May. We wanted to start in Texas because we wanted a nice house and land and all the frills. But living there is not worth it. Unless Katie stays? We are glad to be going to Seattle where there is forestry and green and mountains and rivers and recreation. And where there is no local warning that children under 5yrs cannot go outside till after 5pm (for reals happened.)

Eric and I took a vacay to Florida and it was bliss. We did the whole Universal studios parks including Harry Potter world. It was so nice to be with him and do whatever. We also drove to Daytona beach and SWAM in the water. I’ve never done that-the Oregon coast is not for swimming. We agreed that day might have been our favorite. I got to go on some rides but not many. Mostly I waited in line with Eric and then met him after the ride. I was jealous but having children is more of a prize. We still found ways to have the most fun and relaxing vacation. Even after having a 5 hour delayed flight.

So many big things to come for our family. It is weird to think that Eric will actually graduate and we will move from Utah and start real people life. We are also about to become parents which will change everything I hear.

No comments: