First I just want to mention that this is officially my first blog post. I guess I was just waiting for the right moment. Amber and I have now been serving in our ward nursery for about 2 months. The 3 year old kids are usually put in a separate class so they can start getting ready to go to the primary. Today Amber and I were teaching the 3 year old class about the prophet. Amber was telling the kids that we have a president of our church. As she was saying this, a little blonde kid in a suit named Alex piped up and said "The President is Barack Obama, he's a bad guy and makes bad choices. He needs to make good choices, that's why John McCain needs to win..." Amber and I were stunned... this kids parents must have been really into the election. We could not contain the laughter and had a hard time moving on with the lesson after that.
I must say, when we were first called to the nursery I was not looking forward to it at all. Honestly most sundays I still dread it, but really it's not so bad and I usually have fun. If I can just get over the kids with dried up snot all over their faces I think I'll be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment