Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 months / 1 year

I have kept them alive for 1 year! Cross that off my bucket list. It has really been quite the task. I don't recommend it to anyone. But then I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the sweetest, funniest, most stubborn and most beautiful boys on earth/universe. Whenever we go out everyone comments how beautiful and blonde and blue-eyed they are. Not gonna lie, I've gotten used to all the attention and it doesn't bug me. Eric on the other hand....he's always like "can't we just shop in peace!" But I see why people can't help themselves. My number 1 comment I get every single time I go out is: "you've got your hands full!" Well that and "are they twins?" It's quite comical how much I hear those sentences on one outing. I love it. I eat it up.
Moving on, the boys' personalities are really coming out now. They don't have any words yet. They babble plenty and have probably said 'hippopotamus' in all their babbling but they don't really truly know dada is Eric and momma is me. Unless they really love dada and say his name ALL DAY LONG because they miss him.... They got croup again this month. That was a blast. They both love these stuffed animals my Aunt Debbie got them. They will take them, find their tails and stuck on their thumb at the same time. They both do it- its like automatic when they see the stuffed animals. I keep them in their crib or else they'd be suckin their thumbs all day. They no longer have bottles. This was harder than I thought it would be- but it was a rough 2 days and now they are good. They love climbing up and down the stairs- we had to get 2 gates. They love shaking their heads 'no' in unison. They like to open bottles like bottles of sunscreen and lotion. They are very good at standing alone. Foods they love (which are frustratingly few): vanilla yogurt, graham crackers, grapes, chicken patties, meatballs, and any sugary cereal. I have tried EVERYTHING on planet earth. When I give them veggies its like I am offending them. They love Costco. They love getting inside cupboards and shutting themselves in. They love dancing to music. They love melting my heart. They are still really small for their age so they still wear 9 month old clothes. Buying clothes for twins is soooo expensive. I want them to match and I love thrift shopping but those two things don't go together. I have to buy things new so I rarely ever ever buy them anything. I bought them jeans once. And prams when they were younger.
Bruce: he loves taking off his socks, smacking peoples faces, sucking his left thumb, destroying things, pointing with his chubby little finger, my contact cases, anything mommy is eating, mashed potatoes, and carrying things in his mouth like a dog. He loathes wiping his nose. He has 5 teeth now.
Roy: he is very attached to his momma and loves moving big things, shouting ah ah ah like he's talking, pointing with his thumb and pointer together, sucking his right thumb, chocolate milk, getting his nose wiped, climbing on and off the couch, and being a monkey. He loathes diaper changes and eating mommy's food. He has 6 teeth now.











No comments: