Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11 Months


They are not very open to food.  They only like snacks- they refuse anything that can be served warm or that is nutritious.  I have tried everything on the planet.  Fruit loops are their drug of choice.  They will in no way eat any pureed baby food or baby crackers/cookies.  Roy is more open to new foods.  Bruce shoves it off his tray with a face of disgust.  They like to clear out the recycling bin and crawl with cardboard sliding on in one hand.  They do this with toys too- it makes them crawl faster I think. They both are now clapping. When you say ‘YAY!!!” they will start clapping.  They are obsessed with water. I fill those cups up multiple times a day. They like making out with themselves in mirrors.  It’s so fun to see them play together now- they like to beat things together to make noise and make each other laugh. Their new thing is Bruce will bite Roy’s arm and suck on it and Roy will die of laughter. I can see this turning out badly….It’s so cute to catch them staring out the windows at the cars. I hope they will be best friends. Diaper changes are IMPOSSIBLE. So we now only change them while they are eating lying down in their boppys. It makes it so much easier.  They love when you copy their noises. Bruce likes to walk and push the office chair around the apartment and Roy likes to push the legs with the wheels. Great teamwork.

                                   Always reaching for brother or his food:
Swings with Grandma Parham:
French Bakery with Grandma Parham:
Naughty:
Their favorite pastime:
Bruce- I always catch him reading my journal.  Out of all the books laying around he picks that one and flips through it.  He thinks it is hilarious to watch videos of himself.  He gets a kick out of smacking the washer/dryer loudly because it echoes.  When you shout the word ‘apple’ in his face he busts up. We have a swivel mirror in our bedroom and Bruce intentionally gets his hand stuck in it. He pushes the mirror and quickly puts his hand under it so it gets stuck in between the frame- he then whines and I have to ‘save him’. Over and over again.  He is the messiest eater.  He loves walking with the walker-toy thing- he gets the biggest smile like he is really proud of himself. He is very clingy- especially in social situations. I’ve been taking them out a lot to play structures (indoor mall, kid’s museums), or classes with other kids, and Bruce WILL NOT leave my lap. If he does, he wanders around crawling and crying. It breaks my heart so I just hold him. He is getting better. At music class they sing a song where they name each kid in the class and what they are wearing. When it got to Bruce and everyone was singing his name he got so excited I could swear he knew they were singing about him. Bruce seriously knows how to roll balls back and forth. I will roll a volleyball to him and he will literally roll it back.



  
 

 Roy- He is obsessed with all things ‘wheels’.  This includes strollers (everyone’s strollers), vacuums, office chairs, cars, etc.  I will always find him looking out the window into the parking lot rolling a car along the sill and staring at the cars driving by. Roy has the LONGEST attention span. He could play with a car for seriously 30 straight minutes by himself just rolling on the ground, couch, wall, or himself. When we go out to places with lots of kids, I set him down and he is off. He rarely thinks of me again and is playing with the big kids. When I get him from a nap, his stuffed animals are always thrown out in between his and Bruce’s cribs. He finds it fascinating when I have painted nails. A good 10 minutes could be spent playing with them. When Eric or I lie down on the ground and close our eyes, Roy will see us and get so excited and crawl over to us and head butt us in the head. It’s like he is saying ‘wake up! It’s not time to sleep!’  We love this and do it often (even though it hurts).  He likes to collect food in his hands and forget it’s there. Roy likes me best- I know it. Daddy knows it. He loves reading books. When I talk to Roy and he stares at me I feel like he gets what I am saying. Especially ‘no’.  

Playing with the big kids: 



 
11 months:




No comments: