Eric and I ran the Tacoma Narrows Half the beginning of August. My parents drove down the night before and we stayed together in the most perfect hotel room. This was our view:

It was within seconds distance from the finish line. So perfect. They hung out with the boys until it was close to see us cross the finish line. We estimated when Eric and I would finish.
We took the bus to the start and a lot of people had pre-race jitters:

Eric kicked butt. Love these pics of him:
My last half I ran it in like just under 12 min/miles. Can I use pregnant as an excuse? Sure. When training for this half marathon, I rarely went near/under a 9:30 minute/mile. I am THAT slow. Eric's slowest training time (when he was beat and probs uphill on mile 10) is my fastest training time (feeling good, downhill, 2nd mile). Something just came over me during this race and I didn't want to slow down.
*side note: my bib number was 131. get it?
Granted I didn't do amazing compared to most, but compared to old me, I did fantastic! Being a Parham, I have an honest problem with competition. I would be dying towards the end, but I refused to let anyone pass me. Eric said when he finished, he told my parents he'll start looking for me- they didn't expect me for another half hour. The look on his face when he saw me actually made me tear up. He was SO excited and genuinely surprised. He was like, "AMBER?!" It made me feel good. Then he cheered me on to the finish line. I couldn't help but make religious connections- I'm a sap like that. Let's just hope he's excited and not surprised when we make it to the Celestial...
Afterwards we went to Point Defiance Park and had a jolly old time.

And with this picture we are announcing our 4th!
Haha NOT. But wouldn't it be clever?
One of my bestest friends:
Thanks 1,000,000 million times mom and dad for coming down and cheering us on! You guys are the best.





No comments:
Post a Comment