It’s crazy to think that Bruce and Roy are almost 3 months old! The first month was rough because we had NO clue what we were doing and they were soooo tiny we thought we would break them. I felt all over the place and not myself. The second month started to get better and they started to sleep more. We are absolute suckers when it comes to them. When they start crying we say “k wait 10 minutes” then after 2 minutes one of us is in there. I sometimes think it would be so much easier to just have one- for example at 3 am one of them is hungry and the other is sound asleep… But having 2 perfect little baby boys has been so fun. They are so completely different. Roy is a sometimes a very dramatic baby- a noisy eater, a screamer when he’s hungry/uncomfortable, obsessed with snuggling, hates the binky, has short refined hair, loves sucking his thumb and loves the rocking chair. Bruce has lots of smiles, a sensitive stomach, long crazy hair, loves (devours) his binky and hates the rocking chair. I find myself wishing one will wake up during their nap so I can cuddle them. I officially quit my job teaching (un-planned) so that I could stay home with them. I was planning on going back but then I had them and let’s just say I was naïve to think I could go back to work. It was a hard decision to make- I love my boys and I also love teaching but Eric and I decided we would not be happy if I kept working. I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my job and it does consume me. But during my time off I kept looking at my boys and I couldn’t imagine leaving them to someone else. Most of my kids' parents were understanding.... MOST. We feel so blessed that Eric has such an amazing job now and a career already lined up in 5 months. If we could just win the lottery to tie us over until then…
Just as the boys started to progress, Bruce got RSV (Respiratory syncytial virus) and gave it to Roy. We had to go to the hospital twice a day for a while to get them suctioned (which they HATE). It was so hard to see them unable to breathe, foam at the mouth, and have coughing attacks until they vomit. We thought we babied them before… they slept in their bouncy seats in our bed so that we can hear them breathing. Then Roy got worse and was admitted and we stayed in peds for 6 long days. Thank goodness my parents and sister Lacey were there. My parents flew in from Oregon for their baby blessing which was supposed to be Feb. 5that our church. Lots of Eric’s family came down too so we decided to just have the blessing in the hospital. Not the ideal situation but it made for interesting memories. It was hard to see Roy all hooked up to machines and have everyone poke at him. Now they are both fine and healthy and happy again. They are smiling and laughing now which makes it hard to get any work done. They sleep through the night now-and it makes all the difference. I can get like 8-9 hours. I feel like a new woman!
Aunt Lacey and Gpa/Gma Parham at the blessing:
2 comments:
Oh my they are getting big and cute!!
im glad you quit your job I really had no idea how you were going to do it! I am so happy for you and they are so cute!
Post a Comment