Sunday, January 25, 2009

Detectives Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler

No we didn't buy a house. No we're not pregnant. No we didn't win the lottery. BUT we do have this
<-----------------------------------
If you click on it I think it will get bigger. But look at Jan. 15 under the 'Theft' category. The first time I was in the Police Beat was freshman year when we did a prank and the shaving cream bleached their carpet so my roommates and I had to pay for new carpet. But this story is cooler!
So Eric is on the 5th floor of the library laying underneath the cubicals along the wall trying to take a nap. But these feet keep walking by- we both get annoyed very easily with other people so that's why he noticed the same obnoxious feet. So he quits trying to nap and sits on his chair. This other kid nearby packs up his bag and just sits there, but Eric thinks nothing of it. Eric goes to the bathroom and comes back 2 minutes later and his laptop and text book are gone and so is the annoying boy with his clover american eagle hat. Eric freaks out and searches everywhere and runs to the parking lots closeby and to the Wilk and can't find the creep anywhere else. He talks to the police and they review the tape and they have him walking out of the library but those are the only cameras (at the exits) so they didn't have him stealing it. All Eric can do is write up a police report and look for a new computer. Well my life is craigslist and ksl- they have some really sweet things for free like dogs, broken tvs, cds, etc. So I think hmm I wonder if the idiot put it on Craigslist. Well I was right, he is an idiot. So I found the exact same computer as Eric's and it was put up that night. Idiot. I could be a much better theif than you. So I made up this fake email of Dane Johansen and told him i was interested in the computer. He emails back with this number and says we can meet up anytime. Well with gmail when you email someone it gives you their real name. And i figure everyone in the universe has a facebook (except my dad) so i look up his name and found a picture with him in that stupid clover hat. Eric was like yeah thats him thats him. So Eric calls the BYU police and they want to do the exchange. But idiot doesn't respond back to us (we called him and emailed him back) until the next day. He asks to meet at this gas station 2 seconds from our apartments and the cops (3 of them) pick Eric up and go there early. Idiot tromps across the street with the lap top in hand. Officer Bennett- who is 50 and greying- is pretending to be Dane Johansen a UVSC college student living in student housing. After idiot turns the computer on, officer bennett checks it out to make sure it's Eric's. The signal for the 2 other cops to move in was "a big butt scratch". Very professional and covert. So bennett tucks his shirt in and the 2 other cops start to move in but then realize that he wasnt ready so they fake grab a newspaper and walk away. Then the big butt scratch actually came and they arrested him right there. idiot says "what's all this about?" and the cops said "you know what this is about" And Eric had to I.D the laptop and it was his but the cops kept it to see if they can recover his files. Eric goes to the police station with them and they were like "you dont need to i.d. him" but Eric said "i just want to make sure" In reality he just wanted to look behind the 1-way mirror like in law and order. It turns out he confesses to 10 other thefts and they find 7 of those in his apartment, along with Eric's text book. idiot. And because eric is so nice and forgiving he emails idiot and tells him he forgives him and hopes that he can learn from this and get support from his family (we found his family blog and they looked like really sweet people. we also found their phone numbers and the last 7 places they lived- via google. we were going to call his mother and tattle if he didnt give the laptop back). Idiot emails back and apologizes and wants to shovel our driveway and he said that he learned a lot and feels bad. But he's still an idiot.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Oh... wow. I think Eric's life got about 98 times more exciting since he married you! you guys have the craziest stories, wtf? Since Hillary and I originally read your first stories together I will have to tell her to check this one out. Awesome.

Heidi said...

Nancy told us this story about you guys when she was visiting. I have to say I'm very impressed with your detective skills. Maybe you should give Scott a few pointers so he can use them if his bike or something ever gets stolen again...

Unknown said...

i am so proud of you too. i saved the article and put it in my scrapbook of you two. okay that's creepy, but i laughed so hard when i say it.

Katydid said...

THAT IS SO cOOL DETECTIVES. kINDOF SCARY WHAT INFO YOU CAN FIND ON THE TNTERNET HUH. HE WAS AN IDIOT. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE BRAIN INJURY PICTURES YOU NEED TO POST THOSE.